Hunter Education Requirements

All new hunters are encouraged to take the Hunter Education and Ethics Development (HEED) course regardless of age. If you were born after April 1, 1987, you need to complete a hunter training course before getting your hunting license.

To buy or own firearms and to buy ammunition, you must pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and get a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL).

The CFSC is offered by private contractors in Whitehorse and some communities. Learn more about getting your PAL from the Canadian Firearms Program Website.

For more information on Hunter Education in the Yukon, consult